Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nothing better

It was an especially hot day today.
I couldn’t really concentrate at church because I was trying to keep two bickering boys away from each other while I held a little one asleep on my lap. Sweat was dripping down my back the entire time…I’ve almost gotten used to it…but not yet. And really I just wanted to sleep in today, but it just can’t happen. The kids wake up at 6 a.m. on the weekends and those sweet voices just can’t help but sing praises to Jesus before the sun rises. It’s actually the best thing to wake up to and I don’t even have to set an alarm…ever. The power also shuts off around the same time they wake up so it gets a bit toasty under my mosquito net.  Which also defeats the purpose of my bucket bath the night before because I start sweating the minute I wake up. 
I’m not complaining…this is just my life. Today marks the third week I’ve been here and I can’t imagine being anywhere else. I love this place more and more everyday. It makes everything else way less important. So instead of sitting around and watching tv today like I usually do when I can’t sleep and am tired…I just walked outside. And I was instantly surrounded and I couldn't ask for anything better than this. 



4 comments:

  1. So amazing...nothing better indeed!
    love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me smile!
    Love you.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to give and receive love unconditionally!
    You are precious to us!
    Love,
    Sydney Beth and Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to be in awe of your love for what you are doing!!! Continue to be so proud of you.
    I Love You!
    Aunt Suzanne

    ReplyDelete