Saturday, May 25, 2013

Some much needed inspiration

Today I went to the children’s hospital with one of our caregiver’s to do a final assessment on 2 children we’re about to do an intake on (blog coming soon).
The children’s hospital is a really hard place. Those words are a complete understatement too. It’s one of the worst places to be, and I’ve made my fair share of visits. It’s sad and hopeless and heart wrenching. But today was a bit different. It started raining really hard as soon as I entered Ward 3, already setting a depressing mood. But then I walked to the back of the ward. There was a young boy around 7 who immediately started smiling when I saw him. I was trying to remember if I had ever seen him before and then realized he was just smiling, not because he knew me, but just because. So I smiled back and went over to talk to him. His name is Samuel and he was there with his 2 little brothers, one of which was being treated. Their mother had gone to wash clothes so Samuel was left alone with the 2 little ones. One of his brothers had an accident on the bed. I watched as Samuel patiently picked up his baby brother, took off his wet clothes, and changed the bedding on the hospital bed. As he searched around for a new diaper and clean clothes I couldn’t help but be amazed at this little boy. He has such a kind and gentle spirit and an amazing servant heart…and he’s only seven! Thank you for inspiring me today Samuel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment